7302 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PCIMUX AD279A is showing up as a A3740A fibre card

Timothy P. Jackson
Valued Contributor

PCIMUX AD279A is showing up as a A3740A fibre card

Hi Everyone...

I am trying to install a PCIMUX AD279A card into a rp3410. When i am booting the system I get the message that the A3740A fibre card is not supported at HP-UX 11i and that I should use A5158A fibre card instead. I don't have a fibre card installed. So i realized that when I could not see the MUX  card and that the server is thinking that the Mux card is a fibre card.

The server is an rp3410 running HP-UX 11.11. The card is in slot 1. According to the install documentation this card is supported and the slot that it is in is a supported slot.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas how to correct the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Install the drivers for the PCIMUX card and reboot the system, then see if the card is identified properly.

Some cards may fail to detect or be mis-identified if their drivers are not installed.

I think PCI card installation instructions for HP-UX often recommend to install the driver first, and plug in the card only after the driver is already installed. (And since rp3410 does not have PCI OL* features, you should of course shut it down when adding/removing cards).

MK
Timothy P. Jackson
Valued Contributor

Thanks MK for the response!

I have tried this also and still it thinks it is a Fibre card.

I shutdown the system removed the card then booted the system. Removed the dirver and rebooted the system. Then reinstalled the driver and rebooted the system to make sure that everything was in the kernel. Shut down the system, reinstalled the card and powered back up the system.

Not sure what else I can do....

Timothy P. Jackson
Valued Contributor

New update....

Checked the firmware on the system and double checked posted patches for the card and everything is up to the latest release that I can see. I also purchased another card (AD279A) incase the first one was bad. This card, although the same part number, is a half height card in stead of a full height card. both cards react the same. I now have both cards in the system and although all the configuration tables says it will support two cards, the system cannot see either of them and still gives me the error that it thinks they are a fibre card.