Operating System - HP-UX
1752573 Members
4631 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Permission denied (publickey). error obtaining for passwordless SSH from Unix to windows

SOLVED
Go to solution
laiju.c.babu
Regular Advisor

Permission denied (publickey). error obtaining for passwordless SSH from Unix to windows

Hi Team,

While i am doing a passwordless ssh from hp to windows machine i am getting the error message  below

$ sftp q.edw.sftp@<windows server ip>
Permission denied (publickey).
Connection closed
$

I am attaching the output of sftp -vvv .

This connection was working till yesterday. Could you please help me to srot out this.

Regards

Laiju.C.Babu
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Permission denied (publickey). error obtaining for passwordless SSH from Unix to windows

The remote host is configured to accept SSH key authentication only, so the system won't even ask for a password.

Your system is trying to use the SSH DSA key in /u09/gdf/gdfdev/.ssh/id_dsa, but the remote host did not accept that key for some reason.

The only way to find out why the key was not accepted is to contact the administrator of the remote host and have him check the logs of the SSH server. If the SSH server is on a Windows host, this usually means checking the Windows Event Viewer, but some Windows SSH server implementations might use a separate log file of their own.

The failure reason is usually very clearly described in the SSH server log messages. But it is not sent to the client at all, because at this point, the client is not authenticated and might be an intruder. If you find a suspicious person picking the lock of your front door, you probably won't want to give him any clues about how to be more successful in lockpicking.

MK
laiju.c.babu
Regular Advisor

Hi MK,

The issue  was with the  windows server Some permission they have to setup . Now the issue was resolved.  Thanks a lot  for your effort on this.

Regards

Laiju.C.Babu