1752809 Members
6097 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: pfmstat-tkt SEP was restarting

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

>I'm suspecting issue with RAM eventhough the server is not showing anything.

That's possible.

One possible way to diagnose it would be to switch the package to the server that does not crash, and then run memtest86 or some other rigorous memory test in a continuous loop on the crashy server for a few days or so.

> In the other member of the cluster the same application is working properly. After we swicth over to the other member , the same package is getting crashed .

Are both servers at exactly the same patch level? Perhaps one member has a patched version of some library, and the other has a buggy, unpatched version?

On both nodes, run this command (all on one line):

rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}%{VERSION}%{RELEASE}.%{ARCH}\n' | sort > packages.$(hostname -s).txt

You'll get one file on each node: packages.ips122.txt and packages.ips222.txt. Move both files to the same node, and then run:

diff -u packages.ips122.txt packages.ips222.txt

If the nodes don't have exactly the same versions of RPM packages installed, this command will tell you the differences. If it outputs nothing, the lists are identical.

MK
MK
dawn_jose85
Frequent Advisor

The package version is same ,
The package is not crashing if we run it in non problamatic server.
dawn_jose85
Frequent Advisor

I had reduced my RAM to 16GB in the problamatic server .Now the package is working fine in the server .
But i have a doubt
We have two servers in cluster . One server was of 16GB and the other was of 32GB.
Is it required that two nodes in the cluster should have same capacity of RAM ?
Means is it required that my two nodes in the cluster should be of either 32GB or 16GB?