1748066 Members
5397 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem when connecting to openssh

bramez

Problem when connecting to openssh

Hi all,

I downloaded latest version of openssh (openssh-4.3p1). I just compiled and installed it on a HP-UX 11.11 box. Entries on inetd.conf and /etc/services are OK. Then , inetd is restarted.

The problem comes out when performing a telnet to the port 22 (ssh). The server prints the following error message:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __udivdi3 (code) from /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.sl
Connection closed by foreign host.

I am just a little newbie :S Any ideas?

Thanks

-Bramez

3 REPLIES 3
Arunvijai_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Bramez,

You should use OpenSSL from HP to compile OpenSSH. You can download OpenSSL from,

http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=OPENSSL11I

-Arun

"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
Michael Selvesteen_2
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

FYI
HP Secure Shell ( A HP-UX port of OpenSSH ) is available at software.hp.com. Product Id is T1471AA. Its available as packaged depot so you can install with swinstall.

OpenSSH requires OpenSSL, zlib and tcp wrappers for its compilation. So ensure proper versions of these dependency products are installed, if you like to build the product of your own

Please post more debug messages of server and clinet and also possibly syslog message for the analysis if you still have errors.

Use the following options for getting debug message

Server
/path/to/sshd -ddde

client
/path/to/ssh -l localhost -vvv

Thanks
Michael

bramez

Hi people!

Thank you very much for your reply! I figured it was a compilation problem (due to some version missmatch of some dependency). Therefore, I tried install by using swinstall. It showed me I had an older version of OpenSSL than the required one. I used swremove to uninstall this openssl version and instaled (swinstall) the newest one. Next step was installing openssh using swinstall and it worked straight forward.

Thanks all wonderfull people! ;)

-bramez