3964 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ProLiant BL 460c doesnt powered off

Maaz
Valued Contributor

ProLiant BL 460c doesnt powered off

snapshot attached.

when I shutdown the system(hpProLiant BL460c) using "init 0" the system properly stops all the services, unmount all the file systems, but doesnt powered off, I have to push the power button on the machine.

one thing is very much strange, we have total 4 ProLiant BL460c machines, and by all means these machines are totally identical and we are only facing this problem only on a single machine.

Regards
Maaz
6 REPLIES 6
Asif Sharif
Honored Contributor

Re: ProLiant BL 460c doesnt powered off

HI Maaz,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00743127тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=1842750&prodTypeId=15351

Regards,
Asif Sharif
Regards,
Asif Sharif
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Ensure that you have ACPI enabled in the server BIOS and your kernel. Check your kernel boot parameters, if you have "noapic" enabled for example you could have this behaviour.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Maaz
Valued Contributor

Hi Ivan
attached is the menu.lst(equiv to grub.conf in rhel)
Maaz
Valued Contributor

>Ensure that you have ACPI enabled in the server BIOS
Ok, I'll check it

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Sorry, it should read "noapm" or similar. I see in your menu "apm=off" for entry number 1, even when you boot from entry 2, probably somebody disabled in the BIOS when entry 1 was used.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Maaz
Valued Contributor

>it should read "noapm" or similar. I see in your menu "apm=off" for entry number 1

Ivan entry number 1 is for failsafe boot, suse by default make this entry, but its always not the default. the default entry is always entry number 0. and in case of cpq_cciss package installed, the entry 2 has become the default.