5131 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL 5.1 installation issue

AVV
Super Advisor

RHEL 5.1 installation issue

Hi,

I am trying to install a rhel 5.1 64 bit on a HP DL 380 G6 server. But after selecting the Local CD rom as a soruce, I am getting the following error. HP Smart Array P410i is the array controller we are using in it. Please help us to complete the installation. RHEL 5.3 64 bit is not having any issue while installation on the same box, but we need 5.1 64 bit.

=
Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type.Would you like to manually select your driver or use a drive disk.

Select drive Use a driver disk Back
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

the installation media doesn't recognize the array, you need to load the driver manually.

check this site from HP :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884083&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884082&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4004

mikap
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

though HP site says RHEL 5.1 certified for dl380 g6
unable to find it in redhat site.

https://hardware.redhat.com/list.cgi?product=Red+Hat+Hardware+Certification&quicksearch=dl380
wobbe
Respected Contributor

I don't think you need to load a driver disk. Did you create an array on the server.
Any logical volumes found when booting?
If not hit F8 to access the array controller bios and create an arrya.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

I agree with Wobbe..

Did you create any luns on the internal array ? If not the OS install will see nothing.

F8 when prompted during array init.. Create lun, boot RHEL CD and away you go...

Abushad
Advisor

Hi,

If you didnt yet created the luns then create it and set the array controller as the 1st boot device in the bios.
Try reloading the OS and if its agian showing the same error then you have to download the driver diskette from hp site and have to extract it in a floppy disk using rawrite.
Use linux dd command to load the driver while installing the os.

Regards,
abushad
AVV
Super Advisor

Thanks.