1753488 Members
4292 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rhel4u6 xp24000

Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

rhel4u6 xp24000

I have setup zoning between the xp and the rhel box. I added the host group, wwn, etc. on the xp. It can see the host. I added an ldev to the host. when I scan the bus I do not show any new devices found. I also have no related messages in dmesg.

Any ideas?
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I have worked with some Hitachi Storages and the first time a host group is created and LUN presented, the host must to be rebooted.

Try rebooting the host, it seems that all requirements has been met.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Ivan,

Not really what I wanted to hear, but thanks.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

The host mode is also important. ├В┬┐What host mode have you choosed?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

[00] Standard.
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Woot! I found it. I figured it had something to do with a lip:

echo 1 > /sys/class/fc_host/host/issue_lip
echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host/scan

Now I can see it. No reboot required.