3398 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RSS value increasing for my java application running on jboss

jerish sunny
Occasional Advisor

RSS value increasing for my java application running on jboss

java :-1.4.2.13
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2.13-070317-13:26)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.4.2 1.4.2.13-070317-18:29-IA64N IA64, mixed mode)

jboss:-3.2.1

HP-ux B.11.23 U ia64

RSS value slowly increase with time. This leads to outOfMemory exeception: unable to create native thread.
I am having some doubts regarding the patch PHKL_36667 and the setting required for the java application.attached.

5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: RSS value increasing for my java application running on jboss

Your RSS value should increase until java does garbage collection.

Have you tried the recommended replacement patch for PHKL_36667, PHKL_37653?
jerish sunny
Occasional Advisor

i do not know the impact and use of these patches to hp ux. If you know any explanation about this patches kindly share with me.
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

Hi,

>i do not know the impact and use of these patches to hp ux. If you know any explanation about this patches kindly share with me.

You can look after in the patch database, look for the link here on the left side of the forum. ;)
Unix operates with beer.
DeafFrog
Valued Contributor

Hi sunny ,

>>java application setting.......kill the process with kill -3 ..analyse the resultant with thread and dump analyser ( download it from IBM site) .hope this helps .

Regards ,
FrogIsDeaf
jerish sunny
Occasional Advisor

i have analysed the application using memory analyzer. The issue seems to with org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnection which occupies 96% of the heap memory. I think it is some ejb container issue of jboss 3.2.1 or could it be that as i am not having patch 36667 and the memory is getting locked?