1752272 Members
4632 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

rx2660 disks not all visible

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: rx2660 disks not all visible

If the disks are mirrored by the controller, you just need to swap a bad disk. That's all, no other steps are needed.

If the disk is mirrored by LVM, you need at least 10 steps (see the controller manual) for a replacement - could be a pain.

But a reboot is never needed.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: rx2660 disks not all visible

"We're getting various models (rx3600 and rx6600) that come preconfigured with HP-UX installed. I've always used mirror/ux for PA systems, so I have to get used to having an internal array controller on these boxes. Since I already have HP-UX loaded, I will backup the system to my ignite server, then reconfigure the disks into raid1."

All those have the built in RAID'ing capability. So no need to purchase MirrorDisk/ux for HP-UX BOE if your intention is for it to protect your SCSI OS Disk...

An alternative option since most servers are SAN connected these days is just go with SAN Boot. I no longer spec my servers to have local disks anymore these days... Everything boots from the SAN... Of course some doubting idiotic thomases would ask -- "What if our SAN is out/broke?" -- Yeah right -- if SAN is broke -- what can your local SCSI boot disk do for you? Virtually NONE!

Hakuna Matata.