New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tachyon XL2 fw 2.3 and patch PHSS_26799

SOLVED
Go to solution
vw393
Advisor

Hi again.

Effectively patch PHSS_26799 is NOT installed, neither its newer version PHSS_28509 is. They are specific for Tachyon HBAs.

Only the PHKL_30257 for FC Mass Storage is installed.

So, I guess that 30257 is enough to see and "use" the HBA, but this might give serious performance problems.

Anyone of you out there that can support this theory with his experience?
marie-noelle jeanson_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Yes maybe the card was not installed when the bundle was installed.

It is always best to install the latest recommended patches. You do not really need any to "see" and "use" the HBA, but they fix known problems, so installing the latest patch can prevent to run into some errors that are known and fixed.

Marie.
vw393
Advisor

Thanks Marie,

So you confirm my suspect: it could be that the cards where not there yet, when the bundle was installed.
So specific patches for the cards should be installed afterwards, since they were skipped during the bundle installation.
Is this possible?
marie-noelle jeanson_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Yes this looks possible. According to the doc http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-1131/5991-1131.pdf ,
it looks like installation of a patch may be disabled:
the HWEnable11i bundle must be installed with or before the driver listed in the Driver Name column. If you use the OE media and select the desired software product, the required corequisite patches in the
HWEnable11i bundles will be marked for install.

Also, if a patch is installed, it will show up in fcmsutil output.

Marie.
vw393
Advisor

> Also, if a patch is installed, it will show up in fcmsutil output.

Thanks Marie! this is exactly what I was wondering. I can't see PHSS_26799 in my drivers