108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Two questions about mount a lun

SOLVED
Go to solution
hangyu
Regular Advisor

Two questions about mount a lun

The first question , I have emc server that connect the RH server , now I found that after I have removed all files in a lun by "rm -rf ./*" , the used size is still very large ( eg. 24GB ) , even restart the server , the used size is the same , and I can't find any files in this lun , tcan advise what file in the lun ? thx
The second question , in another lun , After remove the file from /mnt/d4 , the volumn size becomes negative value , can advise what is wrong ? thx

/dev/emcpowerh1 216470916 -73786976294837723136 205955284 101% /mnt/d4
4 REPLIES 4
Sandeepk_1
Advisor
Solution

deleting a larger volume (24GB) will take some time. the files will be in the process of deletion. you got to wait for some time.

for the second you need to check from the emc side regarding the status of the lun connected.
Asif Sharif
Honored Contributor

Hi Hangyu,

I agree with Sandeepk, It will take some time to delete.

Regards,
Asif Sharif
Regards,
Asif Sharif
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Which version of RedHat you have? The negative size would indicate that the "df" tool might have a bug in handling "large" devices. Ensure that you're up to date with patches.

If you're using a RedHat version that's so old it's out of support, you could try to download the current source code of the Linux "df" tool and compile it yourself. If that version works better, you could use that as a work-around until you can upgrade to a supported version. Of course, this requires that you're familiar with compiling software from source code.

The "df" command belongs to a package of GNU utilities called "coreutils". The source code is available here:
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/coreutils/
MK
hangyu
Regular Advisor

thx reply,

I will try to upgrade df , for other suggestion, you said the deletion of large file need time , I understand it , I check that all the files are deleted ( I sure it because the lun is empty ) .