10109 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

/var Issue

itrc55
Regular Advisor

/var Issue

Hi,

the /var directory is still at 100% even after I removed some directories under it.

where with bdf i see the below

/dev/vg00/lvol8    10485760 10485760       0  100% /var

and when i use this command i see

#du -kx /var | sort -rn | head -30

573688  /var 

i can't encrease it or execute any command where when i try to install lsof depoti facing this output

cpp: error 12: Unable to access output file (check for disk error). (No space left on device[errno=28])
                                                                                                       swinstall: Error: The cpp(1) command failed on file: /usr/lib/sw/ui/C/smc_install.ui.
                                                                                                                                                                                            ERROR:  n
                                                                                                                                                                                                    f

please your support

Thanks and appreciate any advise!

3 REPLIES 3
itrc55
Regular Advisor

Re: /var Issue

Hi,

and i also extend the /var but the same issue still 100%
my OS is HP-UX 11.31

Thanks
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: /var full

>even after I removed some directories under it.

Which?

>I can't increase it or execute any command where when I try to install lsof depot facing this output

Make sure you have cleaned up /var/adm/crash/.

Looked at /var/mail/ and /var/spool/.  You could temporarily move these aside and replace by symlink.

Cleaned up superseded patches with cleanup(1m).

Nighwish
Frequent Advisor

Re: /var Issue

Hi

You can clean /var/adm/wtmpx, /var/adm/wtmps /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log /var/log/* /var/adm/cron/log /var/opt/ignite/logs you can also clean patch's

You can try also check with as grow in /var in the last five days:

find /var -type f -time -4 -size +1000 -exec ls -al {} \;

After this clean you can increase the /var with on-lineJFS

Regards