4833 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

/var/tmp/ctype: not found

Mohamed Galal
Advisor

/var/tmp/ctype: not found

Dears,
while running some shell scripts in my system, i sufferred from failing because of the following error:
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
2010-03-21 19:43:43 : execute cp -p /m/nmsetc/conf/common/lmdlicmx.dat /tmp/lmdlicmx.dat

/opt/nokia/oss/utools/utool.sh[2]: /var/tmp/ctype: not found.

2010-03-21 19:43:43 : execute cp -p /nmsetc/conf/common/lmdlicmx.dat /tmp/lmdlicmx.dat failed
---------------------------
---------------------------
it seems that it is a normal copy command?? can you Help??
4 REPLIES 4
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: /var/tmp/ctype: not found

Looks like the script did not log *everything* it did, only the things the script-writer thought as important.

The only way to find out what actually happened would be to look at /opt/nokia/oss/utools/utool.sh in your system.

I *guess* the main script is calling an utility function of some sort. That utility function would do something involving the /var/tmp/ctype file before executing the actual copy.

Remember that adding "set -x" to a Posix-style shell script makes the shell produce a listing of all commands it runs, with all the arguments expanded. This will often produce a huge amount of output, but it should let you see exactly what is going on.

MK
MK
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

something is missing here?
need more information...what exaclty script is doing.
look for ctype in script.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
Mohamed Galal
Advisor

Hi,
Thank you all for your support, I discovered that ctype is a result of another script. I fixed the issue. Thanks
Mohamed Galal
Advisor

it was internal Errot in our system