paulraj_1

Re: Xbrowser

after login throgh the Xbrowser. its shows the grey screen. what ill be prob
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Is this the software you are using?
http://www.netsarang.com/products/xmg_features.html

There are many possible ways to connect to a Unix-style system and get a GUI session. According to the webpage above, the NetSarang xbrowser supports these connection protocols:

xdmcp
xstart
xsession
ssh
telnet
rlogin
ftp
sftp

Which one of these are you trying to use?

Each of these protocols has somewhat different requirements at the server side. The protocols xdmcp, xstart, xsession, telnet and rlogin will most likely all require that a connection *from* the remote server *to* port 6000/TCP of your workstation is allowed.

In other words, your workstation must "act as a server" or "accept incoming connections" - and most Windows security software usually shows you big warnings about this. But if you disallow this connection, the expected result would be something like an empty grey screen (because the remote applications cannot connect to your workstation and request it to show their windows to you).

MK
MK
paulraj_1

i am using XDMCP software. why its showing like this I don't know.It shows the Grey color screen. I am using this software for all the machines its working fine. what ill be problem in the machine.

thanks
paulraj.s