Tips and Tricks
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking Overview

Highlighted

Re: Ranking Overview

>How do people get the "HP Pro" ranking?

The obvious way, they are HP employees.  :-)

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

So being an "Occasional Collector" means? Are these designations a method of encouraging more participation in the forums?

Highlighted

>So being an "Occasional Collector" means?

One step above "Senior Member", on the Collector ladder.

You seem to have a lot of blog comments.

>Are these designations a method of encouraging more participation in the forums?

Exactly.

Highlighted
Community Manager

The purpose of our ranking system is to reflect both the level of participation, and its value to the Community at large. Not only will a higher rank encourage increased engagement, but it also reflects a growing reputation. 

The terms like "Visitor", "Collector", "Advisor", "Contributor" reflect advancing levels of participation. It is not just how often you visit the Community, how many posts you have, but the impact those posts have on your peers' success. 

All of these elements go into the ranking system.

warren_80x80.jpgThanks,
Warren_Admin, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and should not be interpreted as official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Thanks,
Warren_Admin
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Highlighted

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>How do people get the "HP Pro" ranking?

The obvious way, they are HP employees.  :-)

I guess it's incorrect. I've seen a lot of users here who are clearly HP Employees (me included), but they have the same rank as other common users.

Advanced Solution Engineer

Hewlett-Packard Enterprise

Highlighted

>I guess it's incorrect. I've seen a lot of users here who are clearly HP Employees

I didn't say they were equivalence classes but subsets of them.  I.e. perhaps they participated in an Expert Day?

Highlighted

@Dennis Handly wrote:

>I guess it's incorrect. I've seen a lot of users here who are clearly HP Employees

I didn't say they were equivalence classes but subsets of them.  I.e. perhaps they participated in an Expert Day?

Maybe there are subsets of them but I think they are somehow related to the forum admins. As I said I'm an HP employee but I have nothing different than a common user :)

Highlighted

>Maybe there are subsets of them but I think they are somehow related to the forum admins.

Subsets of HP employees and you're not in that subset.  :-)

Admins are typically not SMEs/Pros unless Neighborhood Admins like chuckk281.

I also see HP Expert, not sure the difference between that and HP Pro.

Highlighted

Dennis Handly wrote:

Never mind @Dennis Handly you were absolutely right! :)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I see something like, HPE Expert...!!

no idea, what it is. just for HP Employees??

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)