1752618 Members
4623 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Does PCM+ support HP V1900-8G?

Сергей Дубров
Frequent Visitor

Does PCM+ support HP V1900-8G?

We want to buy some HP V1900-8G (ex. 3COM 3CGSU08A) switches but I can't to define - does PCM (v3.20) support this device?

3 REPLIES 3
showneek
Respected Contributor

Hi,

V19xx series are web managed switches (maybe with some limited set of snmp) so they are not fully supported in PCM+ software (as other ex-ProCurve web managed switches from V family). You can see them in PCM, but only for basic status monitoring a topology mapping. Configuration is made through web management interface.

If you want to manage switches from PCM look round for fully managed switches from E family.

You can see device support in PCM in attachment.

Regards

Jan

Сергей Дубров
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

> Hi, V19xx series are web managed switches (maybe with some limited set of snmp) so they are not fully
> supported in PCM+ software

Yes, I know.

We used V18010G-8 switches but about one-two weeks ago I saw a message related to V1810G-8 on HP site:

* Information provided for this product is for support purposes only. This product has been discontinued and is not for sale by HP in any region.

So we decided to choose an other switch with approximately the same characteristics and it was V1900-8G. V1810G explicitly specified as partialy supported in PCM+ but V1900 - not. Hence my question.

But some kind of mystic - at now message that V1810G-8 has been discontinued... disappeared. So we can re-buy same V1810G-8 as were.

> You can see them in PCM, but only for basic status monitoring a topology mapping.

Yes, I know it. We wanted to get most similar replacement for V1810G-8 with (partialy) support in PCM+.

> Regards Jan

Thanks for answer,
WBR,
Sergei Dubrov

showneek
Respected Contributor

OK, maybe it was some inconsistency in support and look up tool... but I believe that J9449A V1810-8G is still active product.

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/support/converter/index.aspx?productNum=J9449A

There you can see products which are announced as end of sale:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/eos/index.aspx?tab=tab_announcements

Off topic... as you can see in look up tool or price lists, HP is now leaving the family letters from the product names... some kind of weird integration... it will be a little mess...

BR

Jan