Web and Unmanaged
1752802 Members
5108 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP OfficeConnect 1920 (JG925A): force enable PoE regardless of what is plugged into a port

unconscious
Occasional Collector

HP OfficeConnect 1920 (JG925A): force enable PoE regardless of what is plugged into a port

Hello,

We need to power custom hardware which fails to properly negotiate PoE due to its design. Some switch vendors have an option to force "always-on" PoE mode on their products and it works for us. However, HP OC1920 (JG925Y) seems to be missing such an option. Is it possible to achieve always-enabled PoE state on this device? Are we missing something? Maybe we need a custom firmware or something like that? 

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
unconscious
Occasional Collector

Re: HP OfficeConnect 1920 (JG925A): force enable PoE regardless of what is plugged into a port

I spoke with HPE support and was informed that the functionality I seek is not supported on HP devices. So there's that, I guess.

Dunky
Regular Advisor

Re: HP OfficeConnect 1920 (JG925A): force enable PoE regardless of what is plugged into a port

What if you disbaled PoE on the port but then used a PoE injector? - is that not a dumb device that will supply power on the appropriate pin to your end device?

unconscious
Occasional Collector

@Dunky yeah, but that kinda defeats the purpose of paying for a PoE-capable switch.