108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE OfficeConnect 1910 8 PoE+ Switch (JG537A) access point consumption

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martinho
Occasional Visitor

HPE OfficeConnect 1910 8 PoE+ Switch (JG537A) access point consumption

I want to buy a HPE OfficeConnect 1910 8 PoE+ Switch to connect several access points with PoE. 

The Power Supply of the access point is 24V, 0.5A and Max. Power Consumption is 6.5W 

This switch is capable to handle the 8 access points?

Thsnks

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

If your 8 Wireless APs are all IEEE 802.3at PoE+ compliant and considering that an HPE OfficeConnect 1910 8 PoE+ (JG537A) should be able to provide (to powered devices) less than the 62 Watt [*] power limit its Power Supply reserves specifically for managing PoE powered devices...then 8 x 6,5 Watt = 52 Watt...considering also that any long cable (the longer the cable the higher the resistance) requires few Watt more (because of dissipation - which is lost power - on copper cables)...you're *near* the limit.

Probably if I were you I will a little bit sure with (as example) an HPE OfficeConnect 1920-8G-PoE+ (180W) Switch (JG922A)...same number of ports but more PoE reserved power (probably more expensive than a 1910-8 PoE+).

[*] PoE Power is the power supplied by the internal power supply. It is dependent on the type and quantity of power supplies and may be supplemented with the use of an external power supply (EPS).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
domdgr
Regular Visitor

Not sure what level of configuration you plan on putting onto the switch, I have had some issues implementing our standard config onto a 1920G OfficeConnect switch. there is a lack of CLI commands on the version of Comware 5 that the 1920G uses, unsure if this is different on the 1910 series OfficeConnect