108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Port Mirroring for 2 ports

syntax1127
Occasional Visitor

Port Mirroring for 2 ports

Hi,

I have HP 1810-48G Switch.

As for now I have already configured one source port and one destention port for port mirroring and its working fine.

What I would like to accomplish is to have 2 different destenations port so I would be able to monitor port number 1 in port number 2 and in port number 3 as well.

Is it possible in that product? How do I do it.

As you can see in the jpeg I have attached, It seems that I can not set it the way I want becasue there option for one destenetion only !

Any Help?

Thanks in advance

Nimrod Amir

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProCurve / ProVision-Based to Web and Unmanaged - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

Re: Port Mirroring for 2 ports

Hi Syntax,

multiple destination ports is not possible on the 1810 series of switches. You can only have multiple source ports mirroring to the single destination port.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.
syntax1127
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

You said its not working with this series. (1810)

Is there any other series it would work with?

Is it possible at all?

Is there a way to accomplish it somehow?

Thanks again.

Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

Some models do allow for more, I am not sure which do and which don't in the entire HP portfolio though. Maybe the 3500yl and above series.

As an example, on a 5400zl series you can specify 4 destination ports. On a 2620, you still only have the one. So you have a few switches inbetween 2900, 3100 that may have more but you would need to check the Configuration and Management guides for those models, I am no familiar with them.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.