3209 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLANs, 1910, Internet, Oh My

rmcdonald75
Occasional Contributor

VLANs, 1910, Internet, Oh My

Hi All,

I have created some VLANs on my 1910 switch but I am not able to access the internet from any VLAN other than VLAN 1.

I have assigned IP addresses to each VLAN and I also have static route on my NetGear WNDR4500 pointing back to the 1910 switch.

I have screen captures attached that shows this info.  My setup is vSphere 5.5 u2, I did check the vSwitches and they look ok to me.

Any help would be great and if you need more info please let me know?

Thanks

Ray

5 REPLIES 5
EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

Do the hosts on VLANs 2-6 use the addresses assigned to the 1910 as their default gateway? Other than that it looks fine to me. You do appear to be missing a static route on the netgear for VLAN 6. I also assume that the netgear is NATing so that upstream routers don't need static routes.

rmcdonald75
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

Yea I did not finished adding the other static routes on my NetGear Wireless router. I think the NetGear does do NAT since if I take out everything and just set it up like the following

Charter Cable modem------> NetGear Router- Laptop that seems to work.

I dont have access to get into the Charter modem so not sure what is used there.

I do have the host using the addresses on the 1910 as their default Gateways.

Is there anything else I can try out? I know this worked before but I used the Vyatta Virtua Router and it had NAT.

Thanks

Ray

EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

Can you ping all of the 1910 IP addresses from a host on VLAN 2-6? Can you ping between your VLANs 2-6? A host on VLAN 2 and a host on VLAN 3 for example. Make sure that windows firewall isn't blocking ping.

rmcdonald75
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

From a VM host on VLAN 2, I am able to ping all the VLAN IP address 2-6. I am also able to ping from the VLAN 2 Host to a host on the VLAN 3 without any issues.

I have attached a tracert on the host on VLAN 2.

EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

Based on the tracert, your 1910 is working. And the routing on the netgear is correct because it responded to the tracert. I believe your netgear isn't doing NAT. So you either need to configure NAT on the netgear or figure out how to configure the next upstream router. Good luck!