Alliances
1753422 Members
4741 Online
54792 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Willa

Re: Install Windows Server 2019 on HPE Servers easier than ever before with HPE SMB Setup

With the Windows Server 2008 End of Support deadline quickly approaching (January 14, 2020), there are millions of servers that need to be updated to newer, supported, technology such as Windows Server 2019 on HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers.

Pairing Windows Server 2019 with HPE ProLiant Gen10 Servers gives organization a server solution that provides increased security features, improved efficiency, and new hybrid cloud options that were not available in previous generations of Windows Server.

HPE and Microsoft are delivering solutions to help simplify the server installation process to help make migrations easier.

HPE SMB Setup Software, formerly called Rapid Setup Software, provides a simple, guided process for Windows Server 2019 OS installation, setup and configuration on HPE ProLiant servers that takes much less time and reduces the chance for errors. As part of HPE Intelligent Provisioning 3.30, HPE SMB Setup Software is embedded with all HPE ProLiant 10, 100, and 300 series Gen10 servers.  

Accessing SMB Setup Software for Windows Server 2019 installations is easy:,

- Simply select Intelligent Provisioning when the server is booted (to get into Intelligent Provisioning the function key is F10)
Intelligent Provisioning.jpg

- Then, the End User License Agreement will appear. Read and accept the agreement.End User License Agreement.jpg

- The software will first detect any hardware RAID controller and hard drives installed on the servers and you will be guided through the hardware RAID and Server OS drive selection process.Raid and Server OS drive selection process.jpg

- After this selection process, a menu will display the option of selecting hardware configuration tools and OS software to install on the hard drive.Tools and OS Software.jpg

Simple, secure, and affordable...  deploy a modernized infrastructure, faster and with less risk with HPE SMB Setup Software.

To learn more visit: www.hpe.com/servers/smbsetup

Willa Anderson
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/CoffeeCoaching
linkedin.com/in/groups/3413248/
hpe.com/info/CoffeeCoaching

About the Author

Willa

Willa manages the HPE | Microsoft Coffee Coaching program. Follow along to learn more about the latest HPE OEM Microsoft product releases and how the HPE Microsoft partnership can benefit partners and customers.

Comments
jmoralesadt

Went through this process and I keep getting an error and the cmd screen shows X:\windows\system32> and not sure why? Ran all the firmware updates prior to installation and reset BIOS afterwards. Same situation everytime. 

Will breck

Will HP350P Gen. 8 work with the 2019 essentials windows

Hello jmoralesadt,

Please check HPE FAQ for Microsoft OEM licensingโ€”Windows Server Section Activation p12.

Thank you,
Massimiliano

Hello Will,
No, this HW Generation does not work with WS2019.

For more information please refer to Windows Server Support Matrix.

Thank you,
Massimiliano

markc60

Using IP is a very slow tedious process that fails. I had a brand new GEN10+ server that I wanterd to install windows 2019 on to. I started the process and it spent hours updating just the Intelligent Provisioning software itself, rebooting several times, and when it had updated itself it failed to even start an operating system install. 

10 years ago I installed Windows 2008 on a Gen 7 Mircoserver, it was so easy by comparison. All i had to do was download a server ISO and use the Remote Access card to present it to the server.  A few years later I Installed Windows 2016 on a Gen 8 and that also used the same easy process. 

HP have made the system so complex, but use words like intelligent, rapid and smart to make you think its going to be easy. It simply isn't.