4109 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 10.20 Installation problem..

Bindumadhava.V
Frequent Advisor

10.20 Installation problem..

Hello,

I am facing a problem in installation of 10.20 on (k380)K-Class server. Getting ' I/O probe timed out at the path 10/0.0' . Also tried to install 11.0 - but getting same error. HDD path is 10/0.5 and 10/0.6. Also including path details of this server comp. Please help me out in resolving this ..

Thanks
Bindumadhav.
5 REPLIES 5
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Youve got some sort of SCSI connection problem.

Ensure everything is terminated properly and your SCSI cables are nice and tight and that you havent bent a pin on a SCSI cable.

If you still get the problem you may have a defective disk (could be an internal disk) which may need replacement.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Bindumadhava.V
Frequent Advisor

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply..
We have checked all the termination and is fine. To suspect the HDD problem , we swapped the working HDD also.. but the same result..
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

Have you got a SCSI cable coming off 10/0 going to some external devices ? if so try removing this cable temporarily to see if it fixes your problem (could be a bad cable).
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Rory R Hammond
Trusted Contributor

Not enough info to really diagnose your problem, but I think the problem is that your SCSI Controller card needs to have the internal terminator moved.

On The D boxes (I think this is also true for the K boxes) the SCSI Controller Card needs to have the internal termiator moved to a storage slot located on the SCSI CARD in order to connect properly with external drives. Or moved back if you change configurations.

I think the terminator is orange\yellow color.

Hope this helps
Rory
There are a 100 ways to do things and 97 of them are right
Bindumadhava.V
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rory,

Please let me know, if you need any more info..regarding this .

Thanks
Bindumadhav.