Operating System - HP-UX
1752743 Members
4928 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Is HP C/ANSI C Developer's bundle on Hp-UX 11i OS CDs?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

Re: Is HP C/ANSI C Developer's bundle on Hp-UX 11i OS CDs?

strange... the first to answer and with almost all the given steps for her as what Bharat has stated in his thread and yet given the least points.

what can i say .....

anyway, this is the life of a ITRC forum "nerd" who is prancing around offering the best solution but never getting the points ... sigh ...

p.s. please do not award me any points for this post, it will only insult me even more....
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The date on the CDs is very important. A replacement set is shipped every quarter so there are at least 8 versions of 11i Application CDs. I vaguely remember that the (very, very) old Application CDs were 3 in number but current versions should be FIVE CDs. As mentioned, the most important file on every CD is the CD_TABLE_OF_CONTENTS which lists the part numbers for each CD and the apps on each CD.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Carol Yu
Frequent Advisor

Sorry Joseph if I have let you down. When I first saw your post, I didn't fully understand what you say about the options, codeword thing and how to see the s/w in swinstall. That's why I didn't get you high marks in the first place. When I saw later posts with more details, I realized that you said the same thing. But I have already given you low points, so... I apologize for that.

Please forgive me since I am new to HP-UX, it takes me time to understand every post if it is not very detailed. Please don't feel insulted and don't give up on helping people like me. :P I really appreciate everyone who has helped me, seriously.

Thank you.
Carol

Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Loo i agree with you.
This has happened to me n number of times. I have almost more than 60 responses that are not assigned any points(not even to anybody else and don't know how much i deserve from all that). And you know how much time we dedicate to every thread. I use to get nervous in the beginning but then decided not to bother of all this things.
I thought atleast i am with people who always shares some knowledge, keep updating each others with new things and that helps me lot.

I would only compare my answers with the other responses or miracle answer if any and try to figure out what is difference.

Enjoy foruming and be with us to share your knowledge.
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know