108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RP7410 MP login/password

SOLVED
Go to solution
Simon R Wootton
Regular Advisor

RP7410 MP login/password

We have just taken delivery of a RP7410 server from HP on a 3 month rental. On powering up the machine, I'm presented with MP login/MP password, the machine hasn't booted as yet. What do I do to boot the machine ? I'll start reading the books but hopefully I'll get a reply from you guys sooner than I find the answer. The machine has HPUX 11i loaded. All help rewarded !
5 REPLIES 5
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

try

login:
password:

Otherwise

login: admin
password:

or

login: admin
password: admin

I recall on the Superdome, that there was a password reset button on the MP (GSP) which should exist on your system.

Later,
Bill

It works for me (tm)
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

sorry try capital A for Admin.
This is what was the default on our superdomes.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

We have a couple of rp8400's and the MP login/password is admin/admin

Geez Bill.... Superdome(s) .... beautiful....
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Simon R Wootton
Regular Advisor

Bill

Thankyou, that worked. However, I am unable to get the machine to boot up, HP have instructed me to issue an RS command which I have done and I have reset partition 0 (only 1 partition) but nothing is happening. HP assure me that 11i is installed but he's gone away to check, would you expect the machine to reboot following the RS command ?

Regards
Simon
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Go to the console for machine 1.

From the GSP you should see POST (Power On Self Test codes). When the POST suceeds, the PDHC should be executed (ie the BCH). This is when the console becomes activated.

From the GSP, hit
CO
then select the partition number
note:
CP (on superdome shows partitions and numbers)
(and cell assignments should be the same
on the rp7410 MP)

you then can press enter to interupt the boot (watch out you only get 10secs as usual)

On the Superdome there was a command RR (reconfig reset) that would do more or less the same as RS, but stop the Reset just before the BCH in what was known as the BIB state (boot is blocked). From the GSP you then use BO (to boot the partition).
CO to access the console, and at this point you're nearly immediately at that 10sec to interrupt prompt.

In any case, once you get that interrupt prompt, you've got a traditional boot main menu.
Try sea ipl to search for all potentially bootable devices.

Good luck,
Bill

PS: I had 4 superdomes in early 2001 to play around with in a training environment. After all our messing around, they all still work!
We did however, come across more software bugs than hardware!

It works for me (tm)