1752714 Members
5870 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA BOM Assistance

nflnetwork29
Occasional Advisor

MSA BOM Assistance

We are looking at placing an MSA 2060 in our DR location for the sole purpose of storing the Veaam replica VM's. 

This MSA would really only be called into action if the primary location was to become unavailble. 

We are looking at keeping cost Low. Usable storage requirements is about 20TB. 

What is a suggested configuration for this scenario.?

1 REPLY 1
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: MSA BOM Assistance

Hello @nflnetwork29,

If it is one-to-one replication, recommended configuration (disk combination) of the 2060 at DR site to be identical to the Primary system.

If you think secondary will not be used much and don't like to spend much, you can opt low-cost disks (NL/FC) for the DR system. But the overall capacity must be not lesser than the primary.

If you are replicating multiple systems to a common DR site, the capacity of the DR site must be the collective capacity of the primary systems.

To make it even more cost effective, you can compromise on the capacity of the DR system. But any point of time, the total physical capacity of the DR system should not be lesser than the used physical capacity of the primary system.

You may find this document useful to decide about the configuration of the DR system: https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00094629enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

If you can provide more details of the primary system specs and your requirements, let me try to give you much precise suggestions.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo