5193 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Air Gap Replication - Aci configuration

MarcSteven
Occasional Visitor

Air Gap Replication - Aci configuration

Hi,

Sorry if this is the right thread. Anyways, I need input how to configure in network side which is we are using cisco ACi and my server team wants to replicate our production server and storage. Do i need the same subnet (create layer 2) or I need to create new subnet and allow both traffic?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: Air Gap Replication - Aci configuration

Hello @MarcSteven,

Layer 2 do not have subnet. 

It depends on the requirment if it is need to use same subnet or create new..

Can you please elaorate your query?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
MarcSteven
Occasional Visitor

Sad to say the the HP and server guy don't know or not sure and i ask them if they want L2 or L3. What i did is create vPC on network side and put in the same subnet. I am waiting for them to connect to my leaf and test the replication.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @MarcSteven,

Do you mean by vPC-->Virtual Port Channel?

If yes then its fine to use same subnet but keep alive link should have seperate subnet.

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
MarcSteven
Occasional Visitor

Hi ak7,

Yes, virtual port channel and the keep alive is directly connected on both nimble (private network).

Thank you for responding to my question.