Application Integration
1756318 Members
3854 Online
108845 Solutions
New Discussion

MPIO configuration on windows 2019

Manuel21

MPIO configuration on windows 2019

I haven´t found documentation about how to configure MPIO FC, for LUN presented from NIMBLE Starage.

Could you help me to find any information about that?

Regards

Manuel

2 REPLIES 2
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: MPIO configuration on windows 2019

Hi Manuel

Please Note: The specific steps for configuring MPIO FC may vary depending on the operating system and version you're using. Therefore, it's important to consult the appropriate documentation for your OS and version.

Assuming you're using Windows Server, here are some general steps for configuring MPIO FC for LUNs presented from Nimble Storage:

Install the Nimble Windows Toolkit: Nimble Storage provides a Windows Toolkit that includes the necessary drivers and utilities for configuring MPIO FC. You can download the toolkit from the Nimble Support website.

Connect the FC HBA to the SAN: Ensure that the FC HBA is properly installed on the server and connected to the SAN fabric.

Configure the FC HBA: Configure the FC HBA settings, such as WWN and topology, as required by your SAN fabric.

Discover the LUNs: Use the Nimble Windows Toolkit to discover the LUNs presented by the Nimble Storage array.

Configure MPIO: Use the Windows Server MPIO feature to configure multiple paths to the LUNs. You can do this using the MPIO Control Panel, or the PowerShell cmdlets provided by Microsoft.

Verify MPIO Configuration: Use the Nimble Windows Toolkit to verify that the MPIO configuration is correct and that all paths are active.

Test LUN Failover: Test the LUN failover by simulating a path failure or disconnecting a path while the LUN is in use.

For more detailed instructions and specific steps for your operating system and version, please consult the Nimble Storage documentation or contact HPE Nimble Tech Support.

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Re: MPIO configuration on windows 2019

Hello Manuel,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo