New Discussion

Nimble does not send SNMP latency data to monitoring tool

SOLVED
Go to solution
vu_nguyenhuy
Occasional Contributor

Nimble does not send SNMP latency data to monitoring tool

Hi All,

I am setting Nimble in our monitoring tool CheckMK. I could get general data and volumes usage, but no data received for volumes read and write IO.

Nimble version is 5.2.1 and SNMP GET has been enabled.

Thank you all in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: Nimble does not send SNMP latency data to monitoring tool

Hi vu_nguyenhuy

Hope you are doing well.

Yes, you can do this with "checkmk" or any other monitoring system that'd allow you to write custom scripts to communicate with. You need to add the code for perfometer

Unfortunately, we don't support custom 3rd party scripts and we don't offer any possibility to code them for your needs. You need to do it yourself. Please, refer to the reference documentation.

hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

vu_nguyenhuy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks a lot.

In fact, our monitoring system has already had a plugin to get data from Nimble by SNMP.  We also enabled SNMP GET on Nimble, however only Interfaces, Uptime and Volume usage can be received while no any performance data (read/write IO) received.

My question is, do we need any further setttings from Nimble to allow those data? Is it SNMP Trap?

Cheers.

vu_nguyenhuy
Occasional Contributor
Solution

I just did an snmpwalk to see Nimble is sending data properly. The problem should be the monitoring system.

Thank you for your attention and supporting.

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi vu_nguyenhuy

Apologies for the delay in my response. 

Q. My question is, do we need any further settings from Nimble to allow those data? Is it SNMP Trap?
Ans: I suppose there are no settings that need to be done manually.

However, I suggest you kindly go through the below SNMP Reference documents. 

1. https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/public/pubs_SNMP_Reference__6_1_x.whz/index.html#ref_guide.htm
  2. https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/public/pubs_SNMP_Reference_xgc1470773538498.ditamap.whz/fdd1487794790495.html

this would help you to get adequate information on SNMP.

Hope this helps. !!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo