Around the Storage Block
1759782 Members
3181 Online
108889 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Ronak_Chokshi

Hear about AIOps results as shared by customers at HPE Discover

HPE Discover 2022 provided a much-needed chance to get together with colleagues and customers and hear first-hand how AIOps powered by HPE InfoSight are delivering real results.

AIOps-HPE Disscover-blog-HPE2022042306150 (5).jpgNothing is as powerful and vibrant as in-person conversations โ€“ and thereโ€™s really no replacement for live in-person meetings. My experience at HPE Discover 2022 was yet another testament to that. I played a small role in the event but got to experience the new HPE and the positive business impact we are making for customers all around the planet with the HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform.

This being my first in-person Discover event with the company, I was excited to meet as many colleagues as I could and speak with as many customers as I could. That said, I have to say that I was left in awe of how months of planning across a variety of different teams all just came together in perfect harmony. Everything ranging from customer meetings, customer tours on the show floor, theatre sessions, breakout sessions, and the evening events showed the power of โ€œwe before Iโ€ โ€“ a key pillar of HPEโ€™s culture.

Specifically, my role was to ensure customers understand the power of AI that weโ€™ve built been building within HPE GreenLake. This is AI that is automating end-to-end infrastructure management ranging from mundane tasks such as capacity forecasting to optimizing virtualized software โ€“ to more complex tasks like intelligently provisioning workloads, as well as predicting and preventing infrastructure issues in customersโ€™ on-premises environments, and much more. Simplifying data management to accelerate data-first modernization for our customers requires proven AI built into the products and services that they use along the way.

My session at Discover was focused on HPE InfoSight and I was fortunate to have a customer in the session with me. The customer is an infrastructure delivery and governance team manager at a 300-year-old insurance company. They have been a long-time customer and started the storage management journey with us back in 2011. Over the years, they have developed trust in HPE Nimble Storage systems and were an early adopter of AIOps that came along with HPE InfoSight.

Real results delivered by the AI-driven infrastructure

Here are just a few key highlights that came out of the customerโ€™s experiences with HPE InfoSight:

• He started his career journey at the insurance company as a storage administrator. Over the years, he took on a larger role in the enterprise IT team. But when they bought HPE Nimble Storage and started using HPE InfoSight, within a few short years the AIOps platform rendered his original storage admin role redundant. Today, no such role exists within his IT team. The predictive analytics and support automation offered through HPE InfoSight gave him opportunities to think strategically as he built out his infrastructure team through the years.
  • He and his team are able to focus on digital transformation initiatives within the insurance group. With a company history spanning several hundred years, the IT infrastructure certainly needed some work to bring it into the digital age. This required pivoting IT operations toward building applications and use-cases critical to serving their customers in the digital age. The AI-driven operations allowed them to make this pivot seamlessly.
  • With his regular use of HPE InfoSight, he began gaining insights beyond storage and into servers as well as virtual machines. He could make important correlations of issues that he saw occurring in applications. That said, I think the most important advantage he got from the technology was to be able to quickly isolate issues across storage, compute, networking, and the virtualized software layers.

In a nutshell, HPE InfoSight offered him a much better return on investment (ROI) than anticipated.

Telling the modern AIOps story one customer at a time

This is one of the many customer stories my colleagues and I came across at HPE Discover. I speak on behalf of all my HPE
colleagues when I say that we came back even more energized, knowing that our strategy for helping our customers HPE STORAGE-AIOps-IMAGE-BLOG.pngaccelerate data-first modernization using our edge-to-cloud platform is aligned perfectly with their journeys. With HPE InfoSight powering the cloud operational experience offered through HPE GreenLake, we are a proven partner to our customers and a leader in this space.

We look forward to working more with this customer โ€“ and every IT administrator, line-of-business (LOB) stakeholder, and developer out there who wants to focus on building the next generation of applications and let AI-driven operations manage the underlying infrastructure supporting their applications.

To learn more, visit HPE InfoSight and HPE GreenLake.

Ronak Chokshi
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

Ronak_Chokshi

Ronak leads product marketing for HPE InfoSight. He has 18+ years of industry experience spanning IoT, big data, machine learning, and AI platforms. He has led product marketing activities targeting IT, data scientists, engineering, and business personas. He holds a M.S. degree from Carnegie Mellon University and a B.E. in Electronics Engineering from Gujarat, India. When not working, Ronak loves to spend time with his wife and two children and explore life through reading and traveling.