Around the Storage Block
1755156 Members
3729 Online
108830 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
StorageExperts

Learn how HPE Primera is ready for your SAP HANA environment

Accelerate your SAP HANA environment with HPE Primera, intelligent storage for mission-critical apps delivering extreme resiliency and performance with the agility of the cloud.

HPE Storage-SAP HANA-blog.jpgHPE Discover is the biggest customer event of the year for HPE. And let me tell you, this yearโ€™s June event was an especially cool time to be part of the HPE Storage team!

In case you missed the news coming out of Discover last month: We announced a brand new product named HPE Primera. Not only is the product reliable, blazingly fast, and intelligent, but for the first time ever we were SAP HANA certified on the day of launch.

This new storage platform runs your SAP HANA workload with ease. With the new HPE Primera storage arrays, you can run 60% more HANA nodes with the same footprint compared to the HPE 3PAR 8200 storage system. What a game changer!

Not to mention, smaller footprint, lower power, and lower cooling. What a huge win for customers running SAP HANA!

HPE Primera features to help deliver positive business outcomes in your SAP HANA environment

HPE Primera is ready to tackle the most demanding SAP HANA storage infrastructure needs by providing:

• The ability to efficiently handle large I/O sizesโ€”Most storage arrays focus on small block IOPS performance, but the typical I/O size of HANA data volumes is 1MiB, much larger than I/Os for traditional applications. HPE Primera not only can readily handle high IOPS for low-latency environments, but also has the bandwidth to tackle large I/Os.
  • App-aware resiliency that sees ahead to prevent disruptionsโ€”HPE Primera uses AI and machine learning, powered by HPE InfoSight, to predict and prevent disruptions across storage, servers, and virtual machines. Over the past decade, HPE InfoSight has analyzed application patterns across 300 trillion data points, transforming how storage is managed and supported. Thousands of disruptions have been prevented, driving higher levels of availability. HPE Primera is backed by a 100% availability guarantee, no questions asked.
  • Mixed-workload technologyโ€”HPE Primera has purpose-built ASICs that are designed to handle mixed workloads. HPE Primera does not require separate disk pools for HANA log and data volumes. The drives can be shared among the HANA nodes.
  • System-wide stripingโ€”HPE Primera wide striping is system-wide. It makes sure that data is not just split across traditional RAID groups but also spread across all the drives behind a controller node as well as all the drives in a system to maximize performance and efficiency.
  • Mission-critical availability and storage consolidationโ€”Most enterprise storage certified for SAP HANA is shared storage, consolidating the needs of SAP HANA production, nonproduction, and other applications. Although this consolidation reduces complexity and increases efficiency, it can introduce the risk of resource contention, exacerbated with dissimilar workloads such as SAP HANA and a traditional database. To ensure mission-critical SAP HANA gets the resources needed for maximum performance, HPE Primera offers Priority Optimization software with Quality of Service (QoS) controls for key attributes such as bandwidth, latency, and IOPS. These capabilities deliver verified QoS levels without having to physically partition resources or maintain discrete storage silos.
  • Mission-critical storage without any of the complexityโ€”The HPE Primera operating system brings advanced data services with radical simplicity to your HANA environment. Unlike traditional storage platforms that are weighed down by a monolithic operating system and force forklift upgrades for new features, this services-centric operating system was developed to help minimize risk and be transparent to applications for faster access to innovation.
  • All-active architectureโ€”Built with all-NVMe and storage-class memory, HPE Primera features a unique massively parallel, multi-node, and all-active platform. You achieve limitless parallelization for mission-critical applications such as SAP HANA with all volumes active on all media, controllers, and host ports at all times. Avoid tuning your storage again with balanced I/O across all physical components for predictable performance and ultra-low latency. The truly all-active architecture of HPE Primera allows each volume to be active on all controllers in the system.

Why HPE Primera for SAP HANA?

HPE Primera redefines high-end storage with automated and single-click simplicity, intelligence to self-heal and self-manage, and an architecture built for all-NVMe and SCM.hpe primera.jpg

With HPE Primera, achieve extreme resiliency and performance for your HANA environment without any complexities, backed by the industryโ€™s only 100% availability service level agreement (SLA).

For HPE Primera, SAP HANA is not an afterthought. HPE tests all new arrays with SAP HANA extensively in HPE labs. This enables HPE to not only certify new arrays for HANA at launch but also to give you the confidence that HPE Primera is ready to tackle your most demanding SAP HANA storage infrastructure needs.

When it comes to storage for SAP, consider these reasons why HPE Primera is a great choice to run your SAP HANA environment. 

Want to learn more?

I will be at SAP TechED in Las Vegas the week of September 24, 2019. I will be on hand to meet one-on-one with you to provide more insights into the results HPE Storage can deliver during your transition to SAP HANA. I would also be happy to answer any questions you might have.

In the meantime, discover why HPE is the #1 system vendor for SAP HANA solutions.

CKWork.jpg

Meet Around the Storage Block blogger Chris Kinzler, WW Technical Marketing Solutions Go-To-Market Manager. Chris has been in the storage industry for around 15 years and has worked at HPE for two years. He manages bringing enablement programs to market based on workloads.

Storage Experts
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_Storage
linkedin.com/showcase/hpestorage/
hpe.com/storage

About the Author

StorageExperts

Our team of Hewlett Packard Enterprise storage experts helps you to dive deep into relevant infrastructure topics.