New Discussion юеВ

Both OAs and Insight Display dead; Servers still running

SOLVED
Go to solution
Decaflo
Occasional Contributor

Both OAs and Insight Display dead; Servers still running

Hello,

both of my OAs of my C7000 are dead (not reachable, no LEDs) and the Insight Display is dead / black. Most of the servers are still running. 3 of the blades are powered down, powering them up manually is not poosible (I guess this is due to onbard admin missing?).

What ist the best way to fix this? Could it be a power issue or do I have to replace the OAs? I do have a backup of Virtual Connect, but not of OA Data. What kind of data loss will be expected if I replace the OAs with new ones?

Is it possible to fix this without data or uptime loss on  the running servers blades?

Thank you very much for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: Both OAs and Insight Display dead; Servers still running

Hi,

Power of Enclosure and device's associated with it managed by the OA. Since both the OA faulty you need to proceed with replacement. If you have backup of OA configuration then you can restore after the OA replacement. If no backup then configure fresh. Then you can power on the server.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Decaflo
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

Will the replacement with fresh configuration (without backup) affect the running blades and the network configuration of Virtual Connect?

Do I have to power down the running system or can the replacement and the reconfiguration of the new OAs be done seamlessly?

Suvamay
HPE Pro
Solution

OA is just a management module. It won't affect to the running blades and network. No downtime needed.
If you have critical setup then consider configuring out of you production hours. Technically there should not be any issue.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo