HPE OneView
1758780 Members
2601 Online
108875 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Proliant DL360 Gen 10 - Raid 10 auto replace spare drive configuration via HPE Oneview

mclass
Occasional Contributor

HP Proliant DL360 Gen 10 - Raid 10 auto replace spare drive configuration via HPE Oneview

I've been researching and testing using HPE Oneview to manage and configure our servers. I've configured a server profile template and am using that to create an individual server profile for each server I am setting up. We have been configuring our servers manually and we are evauluating using Oneview moving forward. I see some benefit to this for provisioning however am finding the information on configuring profiles lacking when it comes to settings available in the BIOS of the server. We want the local storage on these servers setup in Raid 10 with a spare that is assigned to auto replace. I've been banging my head against the wall trying to find any information on if this is possible via Oneview. Is this possible? Or should I just leave all local storage settings out of my server profile template and just configure it manually after the server is provisioned via the profile? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ksram
HPE Pro

Re: HP Proliant DL360 Gen 10 - Raid 10 auto replace spare drive configuration via HPE Oneview

Hi mclass,

Good day!

We checked the User guide and see that you may have to manually configure as the option is not currently available to configure spare.

You may refer the link for more information : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001152en_us&page=s_server-profiles-storage-about-cic.html

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo