Operating System - HP-UX
1754740 Members
2992 Online
108825 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Please Post Your Forums Successes - April 2004!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I have got entire solution for Ignite UX Installation from this forum in last month. Not only i was provided with the valuable suggestion but also all necessary and precise docs were given. This was a great help and i was literally thr' with the Ignite part of HPUX. Still more to go but now i feel very comfortable on the Subject.
To the suprise i started answering question on Ignite and i was able to provide magical answers too on the same. I was very pleased to see that and felt proud of myself and all those who helped educate me on the subject.

I can't express in word the Usefullness of forum but only i can say is, this is simply a WIN WIN game for all participants.

This has made me much comfortable and confident on HPUX.

You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Dan,
I just happened to trip over this stream.
It looks to me very much to be an _ITRC forums related_ stream, which should be brought under the attention of the members of _ALL_ forums.
Rather strange that it is considered an HPUX issue!
_IF_ one selects the -forums- tab, than this -can- be found, but I think it merits an own direct pointer.

Maybe just as a workaround, but I noticed when streams are moved to another forum, then the first entry stays, and functions as access point to the stream. Maybe you can move your "call for comments & successes" over all main forums towards the "ITRC forum related" forum?

fwiw,

Jan
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I am relatively new to the Storage world and have always had lots of questions related to that area. And one such question is on FC-AL Addressing and I could not find any information on the Web or any other documents. And finally as you might have guessed I got my doubts cleared thanks to the forums.

Really nice discussions on,

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=549070

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=583396

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
MarkSyder
Honored Contributor

I don't agree that the points system is childish.

If I find an old thread that covers a problem I am having I find it useful to know which of the offered solutions was the most helpful - I can go straight for that one rather than going through them in date order.

Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different)
The triumph of evil requires only that good men do nothing
Scott J. Showalter
Frequent Advisor

Dan,

I posted a question today, got my first response within 5 minutes, and the response that answered my question was within 10 minutes.

That's great in my opinion.
In a world without fences, who needs Gates?