ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1758428 Members
3086 Online
108871 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error: Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EFUSE Regulator 1 (20h) - ML350 G9

brunoch36
Occasional Collector

Error: Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EFUSE Regulator 1 (20h) - ML350 G9

Hello!

I am currently investigating a ML350 Gen9 not powering up with the above error on the iLO logs and IML, as well all front LEDs flashing (power button amber, system health red). Following the troubleshooting guide (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c04444029) on page 32-33, the next step (since this server has a flex-slot power supply) would be to replace the power supply.

Before doing so, I'd like to check with the community if I didn't forget to check something else before replacing the power supply. I've also checked the following resource on a similar issue: https://community.hpe.com/t5/proliant-servers-ml-dl-sl/error-runtime-fault-system-board-aux-main-efuse-regulator-1-01h/td-p/7063111 , cleared the NVRAM, changed the coil battery and attemped to boot with minimal hardware configuration.

I've taken a picture of the pre-boot health summary screen.

BrunoHPE ML350 Gen9 pre-boot health summary

6 REPLIES 6
Sham82
HPE Pro

Re: Error: Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EFUSE Regulator 1 (20h) - ML350 G9

Hello,

Since you have already performed most of the troubleshooting.
To further isolate, please perform below :

> Swap the PSU and check During POST if the Error Following PSU 1 / PSU 2 

Regards
HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

brunoch36
Occasional Collector

Hello!

Just to be clear, by swapping you mean switching between slots 1 and 2 or replacing the power supply? If the latter, I'm trying to source a psu locally, but it's been difficult, so it might be a while before checking.

Bruno

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hello, 
Yes by swapping I mean Switching between slots 1 and 2 to isolate if the POST error still occurs for PSU 1.

Regards

HPE

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

brunoch36
Occasional Collector

@Sham82 

Apologies for not responding sooner, only recently I could work on the server again.

I've swapped the PSU from slot 1 to slot 2, and the POST error message is ONLY "Power On Fault, System Board, AUX/Main EFUSE Regulator 1 (20h)", the error "System Power Supply: General Failure (Power Supply 1)" did not appear again, even on slot 2.

Should I continue and swap the PSU entirely or is it more likely that the issue is in fact the system board?

Bruno

Sham82
HPE Pro

Hello,

> please try Minimum Configuration with only 1 CPU and 1 DIMM (remove all other components , internal HDD Cables also)
> Now Boot the server and check for the Error.
> Add components one by one to isolte the faulty H/W

> For further troubleshooting , we would need AHS Logs , hence would request you to log a Case with HPE support.

Regards
HPE

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo

brunoch36
Occasional Collector

Hello!

As part of the initial troubleshooting I've already tried booting with minimal configuration and had the same issue, no changes. I will collect the AHS logs via iLO and open an HPE Support request. Thanks!

Bruno