3378 Online
108823 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

server HP proliant dl160 gen5

b21
Regular Visitor

server HP proliant dl160 gen5

Hi, I fixed my HP proliant dl160 gen5 server
and put raid in the bios after startup, pressed f8 and created an array by selecting 4 Raid10 disks
now when installing windows server 2003 enterprise edidtion, the installer does not see the hard drives, but I download the installer from the CD
about help solve the problem

6 REPLIES 6
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: server HP proliant dl160 gen5

Hello,

You may need the storage controller drivers for the drive array to be detected by the operating system for installation.

You may choose either 32-bit or 64-bit drives based on the version is of operating system being installed. You may access the driver and firmware download page of HPE ProLiant DL160 G5 Server for downloading them.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

b21
Regular Visitor

hello!

I downloaded them and even sewed them into the installer via nlite
he doesn't even see the disks like that

then I loaded the drivers into a USB flash drive and put floppy on emulation in the bios after starting the installer, pressed the f6 button and loaded the drivers, the installer saw the disks after pressing enter, It displays a window with the inscription
Insert the disk labeled "Adaptec SATA Driver v1.00 (Windows 32 bit for 2000/XP/2003)" in to drive A: and press Enter when ready

and all I press enter nothing happens

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

This is the correct procedure to install the OS manually.

The driver needs to be pushed in order to see the disks.

Please extract the .exe file and use the .inf files in the USB.

You can try with this driver as well

https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/softwaredetails?language=en_US&softwareId=MTX_6c98a488b5e844ac90c5e80ffb

Also try to power cycle the server and see if it works.

Thanks,

TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

b21
Regular Visitor

I tried it but still get the error Insert the disk labeled "Smart Array SAS/SATA Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 in to drive A: and press Enter when ready

Tam92
HPE Pro

Hello,

It would need HPE Tech to remote in the server and check what is wrong.

I would request you to log a support case with HPE and get this sorted.

Thanks,

TAM

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo