Servers & Systems: The Right Compute
1758617 Members
1960 Online
108874 Solutions
New Article ๎ฅ‚
Matt_Haines

HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management: A game-changer in core to edge server management

For decades, datacenters represented the center for all enterprise data collection and processing, as well as the infrastructure to make it possible. But with the advent of ever-faster connectivity and the need to move data and processing power closer to end-customers, enterprises today are deploying infrastructure across an ever-widening footprint, from edge to cloud.

Introducing_HPE_Compute-Management_ blog_HPE_ELEMENT_20210518033-A.jpgThere are times, even on busy days, when you have a minute to pause and reflect.

This morning Iโ€™m sitting in my home office, as Iโ€™ve done for the past two years. There is no traveling for meetings, yet work continues as normal, with projects to complete and timelines to meet. In my reflection, I think about what it takes to make working from my home office possible: I have tools that provide a global, online reach across the company, our partners, and customers. Iโ€™m lucky in that this set up allows me to do my work from anywhere.

Not everyone is that lucky and so I wake up every day obsessed with solving problems for our customers. In response, my team and I have developed cloud services for the HPE compute portfolio with a focus on making the lives of those who support HPE compute products better, easier, and seamless.

A global opportunity to evolve

For decades, datacenters represented the center of mass for all enterprise data collection and processing, as well as the infrastructure to make it possible. But with the advent of ever-faster connectivity and the need to move data and processing power closer to end-customers, enterprises today are deploying infrastructure across an ever-widening footprint, from edge to cloud. This trend is a key driver of our company strategy, with the HPE GreenLake Edge-to-Cloud  Platform hosting a collection of software as a service solutions, including the new HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management.

In order to evolve the way we work, we must have tools that provide new capabilities and improved customer experiences. Our daily struggles often come as a result of siloed environments, time-sucking manual tasks, security and compliance challenges, and poor visibility into usage and costs. With HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management we are changing all of that with a platform that provides a cloud experience โ€“ with a global reach โ€“ to manage everything, including batch deploy with a click, order with ease, and spinning up new services quickly according to project requirements.

Compute Ops Management is the first cloud-native, SaaS solution for managing HPE ProLiant servers anywhere they reside, from edge to cloud. Unlike most other server management solutions that require customers to install and manage the management solution, often very close to the servers they manage, the new Compute Ops Management solution is built and managed by HPE and can reach customer servers wherever they are located. This approach saves IT resources (time and money) while providing a global view of all customer servers โ€“ regardless of where they are physically located.

Introducing_HPE-Compute Management_ blog3-small_HPE20211207031.jpgBetter oversight, improved automation

In speaking with several of our early-access customers, I hear many of the same concerns when it comes to managing servers at the edge. They need better oversight to know when things are going well, and a notification process when they are not. They need robust yet simple firmware management. And they need improved automation, since โ€œthe edgeโ€ can expand and get very large and cumbersome to manage. These customers continue to relay stories of how Compute Ops Management is a game-changer in server management and automating and simplifying common tasks like firmware management and global observability. Customers also expressed appreciation for the simple subscription-based payment model that provides the flexibility they need in planning and deployment.

Weโ€™re excited to introduce the newest HPE GreenLake offering โ€“ HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management โ€“ and weโ€™ll continue to provide updates on new features, customer stories, and in-depth reviews of our new cloud-based management solution.

Watch this space for more to come โ€“ and for more background information in the meantime, please check out:

โ€ข Video demo: Modernizing the compute management experience
โ€ข Blog: How HPE is helping reimagine your compute management experience
โ€ข Infographic: Discover a revolutionary approach to compute management infographic
โ€ข Website: HPE GreenLake for Compute

Matt Haines
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/hpe_compute
linkedin.com/company/hewlett-packard-enterprise
hpe.com/servers

About the Author

Matt_Haines

Matt is currently the Vice President and General Manager of the Compute Cloud Services business. His group is responsible for product management and engineering development of all HPE Compute aaS offerings, including HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management and HPE GreenLake for Compute Bare Metal. Matt is also responsible for software product management covering the entire Compute manageability portfolio and leads the HPE OneView engineering organization. Prior to his current role, Matt was an engineering leader for HPE, Cray, Time Warner Cable, and HP. Matt holds a PhD. in Computer Science and an MBA in Finance and Entrepreneurship.