The Cloud Experience Everywhere
1754419 Members
3461 Online
108813 Solutions
New Article
Cloud_Experts

“Yeah, we can run that for you!” A podcast intro to HPE GreenLake Management Services

Actually, with our managed services portfolio, we do a lot more than operate your applications and infrastructure for you – we keep them optimized and ready for what’s next.

I met with HPE podcaster Calvin Zito to talk about HPE GreenLake Management Services and how we enable companies to offload the heavy lifting of IT and free up time for innovation. Check out the Around the IT Block podcast episode above.

By Ron Irvine, Senior Global Director, HPE GreenLake Management Services

HPE-GreenLake-Managed-Services-podcast.pngIn the years that I’ve been leading product development and strategy for HPE GreenLake Management Services, we’ve seen a massive surge of interest in the managed services approach. Why are more businesses choosing this route?

When I talk with IT leaders, they describe three types of needs. They're looking for help to:

1. Run their current infrastructure more efficiently. It’s the old familiar song – being asked to do more with less. These leaders want to keep the infrastructure running smoothly, keep delivering on their SLAs, but in a much more predictable and cost effective model that enables them to be more focused on business outcomes.

2. Manage the growing complexity of workloads. The management burden is growing, not only for mission-critical applications like ERP suites, but also for intelligent edge, AI, IoT and a host of other initiatives. The in-house skills may not be available for complex new apps and workloads, so it makes sense to look to a partner.

3. Achieve unified control of the entire IT estate. IT leaders want a single, integrated view of IT assets – a homogeneous environment that can help them drive better outcomes and help the business make better decisions.

If any of these sound like they might apply to your organization, check out the podcast above, where I talk about them in more detail.

I also explain how HPE GreenLake Management Services enables you to meet these needs and more. In traditional managed services models, the goal is to keep everything running smoothly – but running basically as-is. Given the speed of change in IT, that puts you at risk of falling behind. HPE GreenLake Management Services goes far beyond that. While you still have full control of your IT strategy, we keep an eye on your IT estate and provide advice on ways to keep moving forward.

Here’s what we covered in the podcast:

• 0-1:35 Intro
  • 1:35-4:40 Defining the pillars of the HPE GreenLake platform
  • 4:40-6:15 What sets HPE GreenLake Management Services apart from competitive offerings?
  • 6:15-9:50 What are the needs that HPE GreenLake Management Services addresses?
  • 9:50-13:25 IT leaders typically spend a large proportion of their time on day-to-day IT tasks. Does HPE GreenLake Management Services help them shift to being more strategic?
  • 13:25-19:30 What expertise underlies HPE GreenLake Management Services?
  • 19:30-22:20 What applications and workloads do companies typically have in mind when they engage HPE GreenLake Management Services?
  • 22:20-24:30 When is HPE GreenLake Management Services "too big" for a company’s needs – i.e., what is the starting point for the offering?
  • 24:30-28:30 What are the benefits that HPE GreenLake Management Services brings to hybrid cloud and the multi-cloud reality? 
  • 28:30-30:00 Wrap-up

Learn more about HPE GreenLake Management Services and how we monitor, operate and optimize your apps and infrastructure, giving you unified control and enabling you to focus on innovation.

http://www.hpe.com/managementservices

Ron Irvine.jpgRon Irvine is the Senior Global Director for HPE GreenLake Management Services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Managed services is a key element of HPE’s overall HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform experience. As the Global Director, Ron is responsible for all product development and strategy. Ron has been with HPE for 17 years; prior to HPE GreenLake Management Services, he led the Networking Services practice at the Canadian, Americas, and ultimately Global levels.

Cloud Services Experts
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_GreenLake
linkedin.com/showcase/hpe-greenlake/
hpe.com/us/en/greenlake

About the Author

Cloud_Experts

HPE experts share their insights on how you can transform your business with HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform – the cloud that comes to you, wherever your apps and data live.