1727 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

BladeSystem c7000 SNMP Setting

Account1
Contributor

BladeSystem c7000 SNMP Setting

Hi,

I would like to confirm about BladeSystem c7000 DDR2 Onboard Administrator and HPE Virtual Connect for c-Class BladeSystem 4.85.

Please let me know if the settings made on the primary machine are also reflected on the standby machine.

I have changed the SNMP trap destination on the primary machine and would like to know if this is also reflected on the standby machine.

Also, for the VC for c-Class Bladesystem, is the SNMP test trap sent only from the CLI?

There is no item in the GUI, so please let me check just to be sure.

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1
Rakshitha_K
HPE Pro

Re: BladeSystem c7000 SNMP Setting

Hi Account1,

Here I am assuming the 'primary machine' indicates the Blade System c7000.

Yes, the configuration changes made in OA will reflect to all blade systems including the Virtual Connect settings accordingly.

If the Settings or configuration is specific to a blade or VC, then it will be applicable to that component only.

We can configure the SNMP test traps using the Onboard Administrator (OA) GUI.

Please refer to Page 137 in the document HPE BladeSystem Onboard Administrator User Guide

OR

Please refer to the video HPE BladeSystem - Configuring SNMP settings for the enclosure using Onboard Administrator (OA) GUI

Regards,
Rakshitha K

Please mark as 'Accepted Solution' and give me 'Kudos' if my post worked.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo