108868 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Oneview - Backup HPE Virtual Connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
AshasChivezenk
Occasional Collector

HPE Oneview - Backup HPE Virtual Connect

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to backup a HP Virtual Connect Manager Version 4.45 via HPE Oneview 6.60.05-0482734? I have the enclosure  BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure G3 added to HPE Oneview and it is assigned a HPE Oneview Advanced license. As HPE Virtual Connect is managed by HPE Oneview it does not allow me to log on directly via GUI or SSH. If anyone knows any workarounds please let me know.

3 REPLIES 3
GM_M
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Oneview - Backup HPE Virtual Connect

Hi  AshasChivezenk

To Login directly to the appliance you can enable SSH in the appliance via OneView. Hope these Steps help you to enable it.

Thanks and Regards,
Manoj.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

AshasChivezenk
Occasional Collector

Thanks for your post. SSH access is already enabled on the HPE Oneview that manages the HPE Virtual Connect.

My ultimate goal is to backup one of the HPE Virtual Connects that is managed by HPE OneView. Once I enable HPE Oneview what other steps are you advising to do?

Suvamay
HPE Pro
Solution

VC wont allow you access the VCM as you have imported the enclosure in oneview 

Oneview should allow you to take the backup.

Please let us know the error you are getting 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo