1990 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE SN3600B SAN switch config migration

adam900331
Frequent Advisor

HPE SN3600B SAN switch config migration

Hy!

I have two Brocade switch and I will replace with two HPE SN3600B SAN switch. The HPE SN3600B SAN switch contain 8 SFP port. We also bought 4x8 SFP port, these package include the needed license.

I have a question about the port licencing. I checked the available license on switch with the license --show command, it only show the Trusted FOS license:

License Id : 10:00:38:ba:b0:44:6a:00
  License 1 :
  -------------------------------------------------------------
    License serial number   : FOS-19-0-03-21052068
    License features        : Trusted FOS (TruFOS) Certificate
    Generation date         : 08/01/2023
    Expiry date             : 09/30/2026

How can I checked the default 8 port license?

The new stwitches FOS version is: 9.1.1b

The old switches FOS version is: 7.4.1c

My plan is to export/backup the certain configuration and import/restore it on the new switches. Are there any consideration during these procedure? When do I have to install the additional SFP port license? Before restoring the config or after restoring the config? Are there any best practise for the 2 SAN switch replacing?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Sahana_S
HPE Pro

Re: HPE SN3600B SAN switch config migration

Hello @adam900331 ,

Run the command "license --show -port" to display the POD licenses for the switch.

The following points must be considered to restore a file:

1. Make sure that the configuration file you are downloading is compatible with your switch type. Downloading a
configuration file from a different switch type or from a different firmware could cause your switch to fail.

2. The following information is not saved in a backup:
тАв dnsConfig command information
тАв User accounts
тАв Passwords

For more informtion, please refer to the below document :

Link : https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/dam/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/pdf/fc-networking/software-admingd/fos-91x-admin.pdf

Thanks and Regards,

Sahana S.

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Cali
Honored Contributor

The default License is not shown as a License and you can also not transfer any License to a new Switch.

I think Backup/Restore will not work, as you expect.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
adam900331
Frequent Advisor

Hy!

I will not plan to transfer the old switch licenses with the config file to the new switch. I plan to remove these license rows from the config file, and after it, upload this config to the new switch. And also after it add the needed license to the new switch, like additional port licenses, Trusted FOS Certificate license.

What do you think, will it works? Or no, what do you suggest to migrate the config file to the new HPE SN3600B switch?

Thanks.