1758616 Members
2020 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware download failed. Please enter the valid token

HectorMacias
Frequent Visitor

Firmware download failed. Please enter the valid token

I am downloading new versions for my HP 1x8 version G2 AUTOLDR version and my HP Ultrium 7 SCSI version. But I get the following message: Please enter a valid token. I am using a valid token with the LTT tool but I don't know what I am doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware download failed. Please enter the valid token

Hi,

to get Autoloader Firmware, your Autoloader needs a valid Support Contract.

To check this, the Token is used.

Usually, the Software points to the HPE Support Page, Check if the Login User has the Autoloader as a Device with an active Support Contract.

If yes, the Token string is generated and displayed.

So first check, if your Autoloader is in your "My Products"  Section in the HPE Support Portal,

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
HectorMacias
Frequent Visitor

@Cali Hi Cali,

I do not have an active support contract, if I have linked my autoloader in my HPE account.

Is there the possibility of downloading these firmware from any other repository?

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

@HectorMacias 

Good day! 

If you do not have an active support contract with HPE, accessing firmware updates directly from HPE's official repository may be restricted. In many cases, firmware updates for HPE devices are only available to customers with active support contracts or warranties as a part of their support entitlement.

However, there are a few potential alternatives you can explore:

1. Some manufacturers release certain firmware updates as public downloads, especially for critical security updates. Check HPE's official website to see if they offer any firmware updates for your specific devices without requiring a support contract. Keep in mind that this is less common for enterprise-grade equipment.

2. If you have linked your autoloader to your HPE account, you may still be able to request assistance from HPE Sales or Support. They might provide options or guidance for obtaining the necessary firmware updates, even without an active support contract. Explain your situation to them and inquire about any available options.

3. If firmware updates are essential for your device's functionality and security, you might consider purchasing a support contract or warranty extension from HPE. This would grant you access to firmware updates and technical support during the contract's duration.

Hope the info helps. Let me know...

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.