Advancing Life & Work
1755562 Members
3804 Online
108836 Solutions
New Article
rachelduran

Caroline Gyte shares the importance of diversified experience in her career growth

HPE Careers Caroline Gyte.jpg

Since the beginning, HPE has advanced the way people live and work by creating innovative technology at the heart of successful organizations and communities all over the world. We invite you inside our careers and culture through stories of the people who power HPEour team members.  

Caroline Gyte, Director, Global Content Strategy, uses her extensive marketing experience to showcase HPE Aruba Networking as the leader in security-first AI-powered networking.  

Caroline’s HPE career journey 

Caroline Gyte serves as Director, Global Content Strategy for HPE Aruba Networking. She leads a team creating compelling marketing content to help customers and prospects better understand networking products and solution offerings. Based in the UK, Caroline partners with team members across the globe to execute integrated marketing programs that drive demand. 

Over the last 25 years, Caroline has worked across multiple Marketing disciplines which helps her better understand the needs of customers and how to best position HPE in the networking marketplace. In addition to her day-to-day role, she leads a pan-HPE thought leadership program that looks at where businesses are in their AI journeys, both in terms of their organizational approach and their IT landscape, and whether they are taking a holistic approach to position themselves for success. Ultimately the aim is to show that HPE is uniquely positioned to help businesses build the foundations for better AI solutions. 

Team member straight talk 

Q: How would you describe your role as Director, Global Content Strategy? 
A: Very varied and involving lots of words!  At any one point I could be shaping messaging, outlining what’s best practice in terms of content, reviewing and approving copy (for marketing programs), looking at how we measure and gain better insight on our content or focusing our customer advocacy program to showcase strategic wins. I’ve even been known to offer makeup artist services for some of our senior execs when I was directing videos of them at an event. 

Q: How do you redefine what’s next in your career?   
A: With our recent announcement about our intention to acquire Juniper Networks, it’s an exciting time for HPE.  Both in terms of accelerating our innovation in the networking space as well as enhancing our AI capabilities and I’m excited to see what comes next.  On a personal level I’m grateful that I’ve recently been chosen to participate in executive coaching. I’m really keen to work on some areas where I’d like to improve my leadership style and approach. 

Q: What piece of advice would you give to someone interested in your field? 
A: I’d encourage all marketers, but especially those earlier in their careers, to try and experience different marketing disciplines.  A broad understanding really helps you empathize with stakeholders and others that you engage with as well as being able to see the wider picture. I view it a little like bit medical training – you need to understand all the basics before you pick the area you want to specialize in.  

Ready to redefine what’s next for you? With industry-leading training, development, and cross-functional learning opportunities, you could potentially explore multiple careers without ever leaving the impactful, mission-driven work and people at HPE. Explore our careers site and apply at careers.hpe.com. 

Rachel Duran
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

linkedin.com/company/hewlett-packard-enterprise
careers.hpe.com

0 Kudos
About the Author

rachelduran

As a global leader on the People team at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Rachel Duran connects with team members across the organization to learn their stories—about their career paths, aspirations and diverse perspectives on work and life. Rachel lives and works in Texas, but cherishes her visits to HPE hubs around the world.