3303 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LAN-Express 802.11b to ProCurve 520wl Access-Point Connection Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thibault L E MEUR

LAN-Express 802.11b to ProCurve 520wl Access-Point Connection Problem

I've got a brand new nx9000 with a built-in LAN-Express IEE 802.11b PCI Adapter.
I can't connect to a new Procurve 520wl with default settings (I just add a WL150 802.11b adpater and set up an IP address, but didn't change any other parameters) and latest Software Image.

My LAN-Express wireless adapter just can't see the default "My Wireless Network A" SSID, but can see another Wireless LAN based on SAMSUNG access-points ! (The LAN-Express driver seems to be the lastest one 1.7.29.20118 dated from 18-jan-2002)

The Procurve AP (Channel 6 + automatic selection) isn't using the same Channel as the Samsung AP (Fixed channel 10).

I inserted a Compaq WL110 card into my nx9000 computer and managed to see and connect to the default "My Wireless Network A" wireless network.

Any Idea to solve this LAN-Express issue ?

Thank you in advance for your precious feedback.
3 REPLIES 3
Gonzo Granello
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: LAN-Express 802.11b to ProCurve 520wl Access-Point Connection Problem

Couple of things i would check. Are your notebook settings for Infrastructure (access point vs. ad hoc), is the card capable of scanning the airwaves for the correct SSID if not make sure they are the same, the same is true for the radio channel setup. Actually, I would choose a short SSID, disable Encryption, set both devices to the same channel and check if that is working. Also turn off 802.1x if you use windows xp (the advanced tab in wirless settings) That should do it.

Andreas Koertel
ProCurve Product Development
Routing Switches
Wireless Security
most time the day i have to mask my contempt for the a-holes in charge......
Thibault L E MEUR

Thank you for your help: It works now. I had to :
* Fix the AP channel to 13
* Reboot the AP
* Fix the LAN Express Channel to 13
* Disable, then enable again the LAN Express adapter (otherwise I wasn't able to see the new network in Windows XP, even if NetStumbler was seeing it)

(I changed the SSID as well to something short, but it seems the problem wasn't due to my old long SSID)

Do you have any clue about the "Auto Channel Select" feature not being compatible with my LAN-Express adpater ? (It is fully compliant with my WL110 adapter)
How is it supposed to work ?

Thank you very much again.
Thibault LE MEUR
Gonzo Granello
Valued Contributor

I appreciate if you could assign some points for the answer...

AK
most time the day i have to mask my contempt for the a-holes in charge......