Communications and Wireless
1760817 Members
3622 Online
108895 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Wireless won't turn on

Alessandro Orefice

Re: Wireless won't turn on

I just had the same problem. The wireless doesn't work anymore and the permanent orange light.
We have treads here since 2006. Same problem over and over again, no matter the model.
TAMATHA

I've only had my hp pavilion for 4 months and my wireless went out, i've tried everything under the sun and nothing worked. I am so not pleased right now, 4 months are u serious.
louis69

Common issue that HP is aware of. It is a motherboard defect that usually goes out right after the warranty expires.I was tired of using a USB wireless card and I was disgusted with the results of my customer service. After several calls the only resolution given to me was 300 dollar cost to fix it by replacing the MB. I ended up selling the POS as a parts machine and took a big hit financially. I've been working on computers for almost 10 years and this is not the first time I've had a personal issue with their machines.
khanna_3

Just had the same problem with my HP! Wireless card quit working. Called HP and was told that I should be happy that my computer lasted for 4 years. I was first told that I could pay $260 to get the wireless card and MB replaced. I then talked to a supervisor (Andy) who tried to tell me that HP has no corporate office that I could call. I told him he was wrong and he said that they do have a corporate office but they only use email to communicate. He refused to give me an email address and then told me I could go online to get a phone number. I reminded him that my "oh so reliable" HP couldn't connect to the internet. Once I finally got in touch with the corporate office they told me that as of July 31, 2010, they could no longer even work on my computer, so the replacement parts that were offered to me for $260 are no longer available. So pretty much, I'm screwed. But they did offer me a coupon to HP and if I bought a new HP computer today, they would give me an extra year on the extended warranty!
John W. Carr

Ooops .... I meant 'khanna'
Mileslld

We had two HP6730b's with the same issue. After trying everything posted on line, the fix was to re-install the HP Wireless Assistant v3.5 for Win7, 64.
Zaheeruddin

I have the same problem with with my HP Pavilion tx1110us notebook. Downloaded HP Wireless Assistant version 3.50.9.1 (23 July 2009) but no luck. The re-installed HP Wireless Assistant doesn't even open.

Hope someone can find a solution to it.
Peace to all.
JP Fortin

Wow!

I also ran into this problem, got the run around from HP, but no resolutions. I have already recommended to my customers the HP Pavillion models and after I have shown them the issues that I ran into with my customer support experience and how widespread it was: the schoolboard changed their orders of 1200 units to another product. I have been using another product for years also and never experienced an issue that cannot be resolved with self-help or a brief call to a human being.

I was proud of our products and now I am just too sad...
John Wesley Johnson

I have ran into this problem with several HP dvxxxx models. On more than one occasion, it turned out to be the wireless was disabled in the BIOS. Whether it was from user error, by accidentally turning it off or BIOS upgrades, where is was never turned on. Make sure and check that it is enabled in your BIOS!
brianzilla

i'm too excited to go back and figure out the exact way how i fixed, but here it goes:

-when the computer boots up press f10 to go to bios
-under boot devices or something about startup devices, it says something about internal network something...
-i know there were 4 things and of those 4 one of them was 'disabled'. so after enabling it, BAM
-i registered a username to share this for you guys cause there was so much stress around this issue haha. hope this works!