108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

unexpected SAS subsystem ID

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kathy McGohan_1
Frequent Advisor

unexpected SAS subsystem ID

Just got a new rp7400. Ignited it from an N-Class 4000. When the system boots, it says "asio0_init: unexpected SAS subsystem ID (1283)". I guess this has to do with the GSP. Does anyone know what this means? Appreciate your help, thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Domenico_5
Respected Contributor

Re: unexpected SAS subsystem ID

Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Kathy,

I agree with you that this message sounds like a message from the System Access Server, better known as GSP.
Is the Patch PHNE 26326 installed on the N4000 where you generated the ignite tape? This patch introduced the subsystem 1283.
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Kathy McGohan_1
Frequent Advisor

Patrick, I tried installing this patch, but it would not install because it is for ver. 11.11, we have 11.0. I looked up the GSP patch for 11.0 and it is PHNE_25346 which is installed. The latest 11.0 GSP patch out is PHNE_27788. It only has one star rating, but is this the patch I would need?
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Kathy ,
Sorry that I recommended you the patch for the wrong OS. At least it didn't do any harm.
PHNE 27393 is the equivalent for hp-ux 11.0 but it is already superseded by PHNE 27788.
Before you install it, you should carefully read the "Special Installation Instructions" for this patch.
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Kathy McGohan_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Patrick! Patch did the trick. I also installed the insf patch.