108889 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000 controller/battery nightmare

SOLVED
Go to solution
hiroshi fung

Re: EVA5000 controller/battery nightmare

What you want to say,

That technician with less than 50 year are ...

only older people have the experience?.

Sorry for you!

regards
yanaki2112
Occasional Advisor

Dont be so passionate about this. My comment is not to be taken literally. By saying a "50 year old EVA guru", is my way of saying i want somebody with proven experience in EVA. Thats it. Usually, in areas like LatinAmerica, you wont find that many EVAs; so actually i dont think the tech people have seen a lot of issues or play with EVA enough. I assume in other places there are technicians out there that everyday see and work with EVAs, and have seen tons of weird problems, made many configurations and upgrades, and have a checklist of do/donts and "what to do in case of". Thats the person i want.
hiroshi fung

Thanks for the explanation

Wating solve finally your EVA problem.

Hiroshi
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

I have not much experience with EVA controllers yet. But I repaired a lot of the HSZ and HSG batteries (not exchange... repair!) and as far as I see, the EVA uses the same type of battery inside the case.

The main problem with all those batteries, not only EVA, HSG and co, but also PCI RAID controllers (HP and IBM too), is that they are in stock for too long time.

We received a couple of batteries from different suppliers that failed shortly after replacement. Either they don't accept any charge or the capacity is very low.

It is possible to check the manufacturing date of the batteries (HSV200 in this example).
***Warning, don't short circuit the batteries***
You have to open the battery case which is very easy, just take a small screwdriver and unhook the three latches on the side.
Then look at the bootom of the battery cells and you will find the date in the form 06060 17:45 This means year 06, day 060 and the time.
If the "new" batteries are older than 2 years, they might have been in stock too long.

Funny detail... on the PCB is still a partnumber in the old DEC style 50-30785-01. Now you know who invented the whole HSx line :-)
"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"