108889 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

guided procedure for parallel firmware update FC disk drive EVA

SOLVED
Go to solution
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

guided procedure for parallel firmware update FC disk drive EVA

Hi may somebody help me with the guided procedure to upgrade the firmware drive in the FC disk in the EVA.

I have 32 disk drive with firmware drive HP03 , I have done the upgrade of one disk by ungrouping the disk and applying the firmware update ,but it is going to take a long time doing one by one.

Thank you

w.s

rperez
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: guided procedure for parallel firmware update FC disk drive EVA

William,

it is possible to update all disks at once, but the process requires a completely different image. It will replace VCS in both controllers during the firmware load which means that the EVA is not available during the update.

The update must be planned with extreme care, because, if something goes wrong, you can end up with 32 dead disk drives!!
WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Uwe,thank you for answer.
Do you have the parrallel procedure, how I do to download the image.

I have done the update for the controllers VCS to 3020.
The manual say that I have to follow the same procedure as I do for the VCS , But I dont have the image file for the disk drive firmware, only I have the file to do the update for ungrouped disks

Thank you..

W.S
rperez
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's the VCS upgrade vehicle that is used, but you need to talk to your service provider if he is willing / allowed to provide you with the image or do it himself.