HPE EVA Storage
1758597 Members
2483 Online
108872 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSA 1000 3 linux server - one shared disc

Gapp

MSA 1000 3 linux server - one shared disc

We have 3 DL380G3 servers attached via fiber to a MSA1000.

We would like to mount the same logical disc array on all 3 servers for read and write access.

Mounting works (ReiserFS), but when one server writes a new file, the other server cannot see it.

So the question ist: How can we achieve shared access to one disc with all three servers?

Do we need GFS or alike?

Best regards,

Klaus
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA 1000 3 linux server - one shared disc

That's correct. Most operating systems do not implement concurrent read/write access to a single file system out of the box and require additional software.
John Pittman_1

I have a similar problem, but with Windows servers. I'm new on the job and have a MSA 1000 that I need to have two servers connected by fiber. It seems like it can only be one server. The error I get is Name Server Table Changed. Then it flips over to the other server. So, is this not possible without an additional software purchase? And what works best?
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

In the MSA-1000 configuration you can turn on selective storage presentation. You will then get a list of WWNs that you can then give/block access to LUNs with.

This allows you to share storage (not the same LUN) between multiple servers. I regularly have 8 to 12 servers connected to one MSA-1000, all using different LUNs.
Gapp

Thanks for all your answers.

Sharing the same LUN is what I need. So if anyone has a suggestion or can direct me to the right source of information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Klaus