108813 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Get Arbiter details

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ayus
Occasional Contributor

Get Arbiter details

I am unable to find that in which server the arbiter is installed, Is there any command to find it or any other way which can shown me the server name or IP address?

7 REPLIES 7
s-
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi @Ayus 

Simplivity use Postgres DB to store internal component information . If Arbiter has already been installed and working so we can get the IP of Arbiter where it is installed.

Steps:

1. Login to one of the OVC using administrator account like administrator@vsphere.local .

2. Type below commands

#sudo su

#source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup

# psql -xc "SELECT * from storage_cluster;" | grep -i arbiter_address

3. Above query will fetch the Arbiter IP address. ( arbiter_address | XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX ).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jaipal

I am an HPE employee

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ayus
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jaipal, I got the arbiter server IP details, It was very helpul

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Ayus,

That's excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Ayus
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jaipal,

I have checked that arbiter has been configured on 2 servers, So can we deommission one server? Is there any impact?

s-
HPE Pro

Hi @Ayus 

Arbiter is very critical for tie breaker and Quorum calcuation. Yes, you can uninstall the Arbiter from machine which is not being used as Arbiter server.

1. Login to any of the OVC and  run below commands

#sudo su
#source /var/tmp/build/bin/appsetup
#grep -i 'Arbiter has address' $SVTLOG

It will bring up active Arbiter IP and Arbiter ID from logs.
2024-03-19T12:50:16.324Z INFO 0x7f7ab6d5b700 [:] [control.arb.arbiterdiscovery] arbiterdiscovery.cpp:402 Arbiter has address XX.XX.XXX.XXX, discoveredId=XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX

2. Now run below query:

psql -xc "SELECT * from storage_cluster;" | egrep -i 'arbiter_id|arbiter_address'

3. Above query will get all the Arbiter IP and Arbiter ID. You will have keep the  Arbiter which matches with logs and in  DB and another can be safely removed.

If  you face any difficulty, please feel free to log a support case.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jaipal

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo
Ayus
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jaipal,

I Am not getting any result for below command

grep -i 'Arbiter has address' $SVTLOG

s-
HPE Pro

Hi @Ayus 

I would request you to open a case with support so someonce can help you during remote session.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jaipal

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo