108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Aruba 1930 on IMC 7.3

SOLVED
Go to solution
rocharox
Occasional Advisor

Aruba 1930 on IMC 7.3

Hi, We are trying to set up some Aruba 1930 IO switches on our HP IMC server (E0605P06). So far the IMC has identified the swich and shows some basic info, but we don't see any SNMP commands working.

Anyone ever tried this? HPE support is completly clueless when we try to call em.

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi @rocharox, I don't believe HPE IMC supports Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch Series...I wasn't able to find any reference on the latest HPE IMC 7.3 E0706 Software release pointing to a statement like "Added support for Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch series" or something nearly similar (see instead here and note one of the latest comments), probably importing proper MIB into HPE IMC should be a required step to do but, personally, I have zero experience with Aruba Instant On 1930 Switch series on HPE IMC.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
rocharox
Occasional Advisor

Thank you

rocharox
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I have imported the MIB to IMC, seems like most of the commands are working. Two things I noticed:

01 - When I open the switch device panel, it shows me a generic port layout, not the switch image. I belive that's because the switch isn't supported.

02 - Using the Network Topology map, we can change the vlans on the switch ports, but we can't add new vlans to rhe switch from it. the error message when we try to do this says it's an SNMP error, but other SNMP commands are working fine. Could this be a problem when we imported the MIBs or just a SNMP command the switch doesn't have?

Error steps would be as follows:
01 - open the network topology;
02 - open the vlan view;
03 - Select any vlan not currenctly on the switch;
04 - Select said vlan and right click on the Aruba switch;
05 - Select Add to current Vlan
06 - The message "Failure SNMP operation failed. Please check the device's configuration" appears.

is this error logged somewhere?